Friday

Kindle Author Interview: Robert Capko

Robert Capko, author of Say Goodbye, discusses his book, his journey as a writer, and self-publishing on Kindle.

DAVID WISEHART: What can you tell us about Say Goodbye?

ROBERT CAPKO: Say Goodbye is an action adventure thriller about an Air Force pararescueman named John Paxton. Pararescue Jumpers (PJs) are the Special Forces operators that go pretty much anywhere in the world to rescue people. Their primary mission is to rescue downed airmen behind enemy lines, but they do much more than that. They are also on standby for all the manned space missions ready to rescue the astronauts should something go wrong. They are also involved in civilian rescues both on land and at sea in the most extreme circumstances.

Here is a little bit about the book:

John Paxton is a man who understands duty—both to his family and to his country. As a highly decorated pararescueman in the Air Force, he's risked his own life numerous times to save the lives of others. He was the epitome of the pararescue motto: These Things We Do That Others May Live. But now that he's married with two small children, he's content as an instructor at Lackland Air Force Base.

Then Paxton is commanded to lead a team on a dangerous mission—supposedly to rescue the pilot of a stealth fighter shot down over Serbia. Yet, nothing is as it seems. As the mission goes from bad to worse, Paxton uncovers a deadly plot that threatens National Security. But to fight an enemy with ties to one of the most dangerous organizations on the planet, he risks not only his own life, but also the people he loves the most.

DAVID WISEHART: How do you develop and differentiate your characters?

ROBERT CAPKO: I believe each character has a role to play in revealing the story to the reader and drawing them into the action. I strive to have my characters evenly matched. I don't want my protagonist to be too strong or too perfect. Likewise, I don't want my antagonist to be to weak or flawed.

DAVID WISEHART: Who do you imagine is your ideal reader?

ROBERT CAPKO: Anyone who likes an exciting action-packed adventure with just the right amount of love story woven in.

DAVID WISEHART: What was your journey as a writer?

ROBERT CAPKO: I've wanted to be a writer for as long as I can remember. I have always enjoyed reading action/adventure novels and dreamt of the day when I would write my own. That day has finally come and it is more fun than I ever imagined!

DAVID WISEHART: What is your writing process?

ROBERT CAPKO: I do not have a regular writing schedule. I write when I am in the mood or inspiration strikes me. Once the words start flowing, it is hard for me to stop. I've been known to stay up all night writing. Other times a project will sit for a very long time without me working on it.

DAVID WISEHART: What authors most inspire you?

ROBERT CAPKO: John D. MacDonald and Alistair MacLean were some of the first authors I fell in love with. I am also inspired by Tom Clancy, Lee Child, Vince Flynn, James Patterson and David Baldacci.

DAVID WISEHART: What one book, written by someone else, do you wish you'd written yourself?

ROBERT CAPKO: Force Ten From Navarone by Alistair MacLean. I read that book when I was very young and it just capivated me with the action and the characters.

DAVID WISEHART: How have you marketed and promoted your work?

ROBERT CAPKO: Mostly through word of mouth, my web page, my Facebook fan page and twitter. I also have some great fans out there getting the word out for me and I truly appreciate that.

DAVID WISEHART: Why publish on Kindle?

ROBERT CAPKO: Kindle is a great platform that is growing in popularity. There is no doubt that the ebook is the format of the future and Kindle is leading the way.

DAVID WISEHART: What advice would you give to a first-time author thinking of self-publishing on Kindle?

ROBERT CAPKO: Make sure you have the best product possible before you publish. Spend the money to have your book professionally copy edited—it is worth every penny. Then, once you are sure your book is the best it can be, go for it!

DAVID WISEHART: Thanks, and best of luck with your books.




ABOUT THE AUTHOR

Robert Capko writes Action/Adventure Thrillers including the John Paxton series. He is a veteran of the United States Air Force and lives in Florida where he is working on his next thriller The Long Road Home. More information can be found at his website www.robertcapko.com, join his fan page at http://www.facebook.com/robertjcapkofanpage or follow him on twitter at http://twitter.com/robertcapko.

Are you a Kindle author? Would you like to be interviewed for this blog? You can! See details on my Kindle Authors Wanted page.

Discover new writers! Subscribe to the FREE Kindle Author Newsletter.

No comments:

Loading....

Post a Comment